Las Vegas: Did you know?
More than 35 million people visit Las Vegas every year and 87% of these visitors end up gambling during their stay in Las Vegas There are about 1701
- More than 35 million people visit Las Vegas every year and 87% of these visitors end up gambling during their stay in Las Vegas
- There are about 1701 licensed gambling places in Las Vegas
- No city in the world has more casinos than Las Vegas (somewhere around 180)
- The average gambling budget per trip is USD$559
- Las Vegas is one of the fastest growing cities in the US and has a 100% population growth since 1990
- There are more than 325 limousines
- There are more than 35 wedding chapels
- El Rancho, on the Las Vegas Strip, was the first major resort to be built back in 1941 and the first casino was licensed 1931
- Apparently Elvis Presley performed in 837 sold out shows (consecutively!) at the Las Vegas Hilton Casino
- Whilst I couldn’t find out how exactly how many slot machines there are in total in Las Vegas (somewhere close to 200,000), I did read that there is one operating slot machine in Las Vegas for every 8 residents!
- 19 of the world’s largest 25 hotels (according to room count) are found on the Las Vegas Strip